Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kea enchancements

We were given homework task to make a device that a kea had to solve and take apart in order to get food. Then we would take them to Natureland and get the kea to try them out. The first group was Libby, Alice, Braeden and me. When we got to Natureland we prepared our devices and put the food in. After that we were allowed to go into the enclosure and put our devices where we wanted them. I managed to get so close to a kea I could have reached out and touched it!! Once we left the enclosure we kept watching the kea for about 10 more minutes. One kea must have not liked Braeden's because he threw it off a 2 metre high ledge! After awhile the kea stopped trying and we went to see the other animals. When we came back the keas still weren't doing anything so we went home. A few days I saw Christine and she said the kea solved all of ours.

By Emerson

Kea Enrichment at Natureland on PhotoPeach

No comments: